At Berges Institute we use the Graf Method for Spanish Language, a foreign language teaching approach based on the grammar–translation method, with a modern twist that emphasizes conversational practice. Here is a summarized version of what we do during the first two classes in the beginners level:
1. We present and explain the personal pronouns:
2. We present verbs SER and ESTAR (to be) and explain their uses.
3. We explain what an adjective is. We present some common ones.
4. We present two basic prepositions and we explain what and adverb is: a word that modifies a verb or an adjective. We introduce a very important one: MUY
5. We present some important nouns (the family)…
…and the possessive adjectives:
6. Students are ready to build/translate/understand many different sentences:
7. We present the next topic in a similar fashion:
8. In just a few classes, students are ready to hold conversations like the one below: